Life Is Beautiful!

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Tring Tring!

It's the usual story... Trrrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggg Ttttttttttrrrrrriiiiinnnngggg - there goes my fone.... ringing once again... oh my GOD! How could it have happened???? I am lost... I just remembered my head landing on the pillow a second back..hmmm, but then the alarm couldn't be wrong!
I slowly slide my head out of the comforter and with a Herculean effort I pop one eye open to check the time... Gosh! It is really well past time... after cursing the phone for having been in a working condition at the most "inappropriate" time, I realize that I can't avoid the inevitable.. :(( so I eventually get up and I am greeted with a series of phone calls in a short time.

That's the way my day usually begins... I wonder what I would do if not for the cell phone...I am one person who keeps jabbering most of the time... especially over the fone... It all began....(tortoise effect... flashback)

21 years back...

Scene 1:

My mom: "Kozhandai enna panra?"
My dad: "Ava paati kitta irukka"

My mom wonders why I haven't made a sound for more than an hour now... so she's all curious to know whats keeping me entertained....
To her utter disbelief it was the telephone that had kept me silent... I was more than amused at the age of 1 by Graham Bell's invention... and initially even my parents were proud to say that their kid knew to operate the phone... but....

(17 years later...)

Scene 2:

Postman: Sir, post.

One of us in the family would go and pick up the mail that was just dropped... If there was a letter from the BSNL, then I would know that lady luck had momentarily deserted me... (I guess everything is self-explanatory from here on!)

The concluding part of Scene 1 was never enacted in my life again! I wonder how things change so soon :))

(Back to present)

Such is the current situation too!

Well fone (telephone ya mobile fone) has always been a part and parcel of my life... kept me in constant touch with my dear ones... and I am sure that I will continue to use it the same way for the rest of my life...

Ennai thaniya island la vittu ore oru saamaan allowed nu sonna telephone thaan vennumnu kekara aalu naan!

I recently came across an article that I want to share with people like me...

Oh ok guys,gtg as my cell is ringing.... ;)

6 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Prabhu said...

serious aa i too hate getting the fone when ppl call me after i hit the bed.
i wud curse "evan da avan intha nerathula...".

ennathu unga veetla 21 years munnaadi fone irunthuthaa? india laye tata, birla kku adutha padi antha time la fone iruntha ore veedu neengala thaan iruppeenga!
sari makkal thappa ninachuka poraanga, adangikkaren...

if theres a mail from BSNL, luck wud have deserted me -- purillaiyee, telefone bill neraiya nnu solla variyaa?

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger dinesh said...

Good writing deepa ! Phone illaama oru vazhkai, this day and age..romba kashtam !

Prabhu, adhu enna da adhu ? aadaradhu ellam aadituu, apparama adangikkaren nu neeye vilambaram ? :)

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Ennai thaniya island la vittu ore oru saamaan allowed nu sonna telephone thaan vennumnu kekara aalu naan! "

- edhu konjam too much aa overu!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Kay said...

seri tanglish'la nalla eluthure di ma. Good to see a blogger in lex other than me writing in tanglish....

Prabhu naanum eluthurenu sollathe pasangalaaam yen kannukku theriya maaataanga :)))

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP kodak flat projectors 1990 cadillac parts Propecia+success accutane side affect Zurich stock exchange

 
At 3:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... webhosting dry skin care online payment Buys contact lens internet Side effects of missed zoloft Keyword celexa and pregnancy shop baikalguide Hurricane katrina insurance costs tatoo removal Nissan almera 1.5se 2005 Bentley farnsworth fixed rate mortgage Dreampharmaceuticals paxil online Free levitra information Scanner for listening to cell phone Best wellbutrin klonopin Keyword calcium supplement http://www.single-bar-driveway-gate.info Quick cash carmel indiana Before and after pictures rhinoplasty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home